You’ll want a box of tissues nearby for these books. As sad and horribly depressed as some of these stories made me, I can’t help but love them. Here are my current favorite books that made me cry.
1. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Whether you’re a fan of the classics or not, you can’t deny how tragically brilliant that ending was. That ending.
2. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder
- Somehow Wilder had me crying before I even reached one hundred pages. All the feelings.
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
- Laugh all you want, but listening to Harry talk to all of his dead loved ones about being afraid to die broke my heart.
4. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- I won’t lie. I bawled at the epilogue. Okay, through the epilogue.
5. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- I really just want to give Mara a hug; her life is so hard.
6. Fade by Lisa McMann
- Poor Janie. I cried for a solid chapter in there. I just…I can’t….Losing her sight and the use of her hands? She’s only 17!
7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- At least I know I’m not alone in this one. That funeral scene. I mean, really??
Do you have any favorite sad books? Have you read any of these? Let me know what you think!
- The 5 Guys You’ll Meet in YA Fiction: A Guest Post by Stephanie Fleshman (aliterarymafia.wordpress.com)
- YA Binge. Eleven Reviews in One. (reasonabilities.wordpress.com)
- John Green Talks The Fault in Our Stars With EW (tfiossupportgroup.com)
- A Novel Natter: Getting Overly Emotional (mynovelopinion.wordpress.com)
- Who Doesn’t Enjoy a Good Cry? (novelescapism.com)
- Review: Falling #1, Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder (notalostwanderer.wordpress.com)