I don’t know about you, but come October, I’m itching to read some creepy books. I love this time of year, and I love being scared. If you’re looking for some chilling reads to get you in the mood for Halloween, I’ve got just the list for you.
1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I loved this book. It’s fast paced and the voice sucks you in right away. Add to the fact that it’s extremely creepy and kind of makes you want to hide under your covers, and it’s perfect for October 🙂 Who doesn’t want to read from the perspective of someone who may or may not be going insane?
2. Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I haven’t had a chance to read this book, yet, but it’s on the top of my TBR pile and I’m looking forward to reading it later this month during the Page by Page Read-A-Thon. For more information on the Read-A-Thon, check out the post here.
3. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
Is the devil the handsome boy you just rented a room in your house out to? I certainly plan to read this book and find out 🙂
4. Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
Annaliese Rose Gordon stumbled out of the woods and into a high school party. She was screaming. Drenched in blood. Then she vanished. She doesn’t know who she is, where she is, or what happened to her. All she knows is she isn’t the real Annaliese Rose Gordon. Why haven’t I read this yet?
5. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
A forbidden love story between a bloody dead girl and a ghost hunter? Yes, please!
6. Carrie by Stephen King
You’ve got to love these classic horror reads.
7. Asylum by Madeleine Roux
A bunch of teens in an abandoned asylum? Sign me up!
Do you like creepy books? How do you plan to get your fill this October? And don’t forget about the upcoming Read-A-Thon on October 27th. Remember, you don’t have to participate in any of the optional challenges. You can still participate in the Read-A-Thon and just read whatever you can/want. I hope you’re as excited as I am! Keep reading!
- October 2013 TBR – “Creepy” Theme (tempestbooks.wordpress.com)
- So You Want a Good Horror Book? (readinginwinter.com)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (mynovelopinion.wordpress.com)
- Looking Forward & Looking Behind: Horror October Edition (bookblogbake.com)
- Join Me For a Reading Challenge! (katewrites2.wordpress.com)