I have a checklist of Writing-Must-Haves for NaNoWriMo. And as the eagerly anticipated month of November draws closer, I’ve begun the most important step. Compiling a brand new bunch of songs to inspire and push me through writing those stubborn scenes. Here’s a quick list of what I’ve been listening to lately and plan on jamming out to well into November :). If you’re stuck and need inspiration, look no closer than your iPod (or iTunes to go pick up these awesome songs ;).
1. Kill Your Heroes by Awolnation
2. Happy by The Maine
3. Twice by Little Dragon
4. Still Into You by Paramore
5. Happening by Olivia Broadfield
6. Lullaby by Paradise Fears
7. All You Wanted by Alison Sudol & Sounds Under Radio
8. Someone Like You by The Summer Set
9. Lightning In a Bottle by The Summer Set
10. Simple Life by My Favorite Highway
11. Endlessly by Green River Ordinance
12. Broken Strings by James Morrison & Nelly Furtado
What have you been listening to lately? Let me know if you like any of these songs and if you plan on participating in NaNoWriMo.
Also, don’t forget about the Read-A-Thon which starts this weekend! More information on that here.
Have a great night, and write on!
- Song of the Week – NaNoWriMo 2013 Song #1 (carlynross.wordpress.com)
- #NaNoWriMo soundtrack – Part 2 (mikecoville.wordpress.com)