Current word count: 16,467
Life’s been pretty busy these last couple of days, but I’ve still managed to get some words on the page. (I’m actually 4,801 words ahead of schedule, so that’s exciting!) The honeymoon phase didn’t last long this year. By day three, I was already wrestling with writer’s block and my own stubbornness which refuses to let me give up. Especially this early.
To keep myself going and my inspiration high I’ve been changing up my writing space, and it’s helped a lot! When I’m feeling blocked, I leave my desk and my computer, grab a pad of paper, and write outside. It’s gorgeous where I live right now, and I plan to take full advantage of the sun and colorful leaves before it’s ruined by the snow (I am not a winter person). The change of scenery and forcing myself to write longhand instead of typing really shook things up. The scenes I wrote outside are some of my favorite so far.
Change is good, my friends.
How’s your NaNoWriMo going? Do you always write in the same place, or do you like to change it up?
- Dum De Dum… NaNo Day 6 has arrived! (janisimonroe.com)
- Top NaNoWriMo tips (imogenbellwriting.com)
- 30 Questions To Ask Yourself During NaNoWriMo-Day 6 (aspiringwriter22.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo – 10,000 WORDS! (insufficientinsanity14.wordpress.com)
- I’m About to Tell a Whopper: NaNoWriMo 2013 (renlynn.wordpress.com)