Since June was such a good reading month for me, I thought I’d do something a little different today and tell you what I read and whether each book is a ‘MUST READ’ ‘GOOD’ ‘EH’ or ‘PASS’. Let’s get straight into the books, shall we?
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare – This is the last book in the series, so that alone makes it a MUST READ for me. But it is also now my new favorite book in the series if that tells you anything.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – I’m not a huge fan of the contemporary genre to begin with, so I may not be the best person to ask. This book was just GOOD for me. It was cute and fun, but not spectacular.
- Split Second by Kasie West – This is the sequel to Pivot Point (which I loved). This was GOOD and worth reading if you liked the first one.
- On Writing by Stephen King – This book is part memoir part writing craft and was overall okay for me. Somewhere in between GOOD and EH. There wasn’t anything groundbreaking in the book, but I did enjoy reading it and marked a few pages with sticky notes.
- Rebel by Amy Tintera – This is the (only) sequel to Reboot, and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Even more than the first book, I think. MUST READ.
- The Unbound by Victoria Schwab – This is the sequel to The Archived and is absolutely, positively a MUST. READ.
- Left Drowning by Jessica Park – Not my cup of tea. PASS.
- Altered by Jennifer Rush – This is a solid GOOD but nowhere near a must read. Entertaining, but nothing special. I probably won’t read the second book anytime soon.
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Oh my gosh this book. Definitely a fast, light read. Lots of fun and it’s a MUST READ for me just because of how much it made me laugh.
- Seriously…I’m Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres – I listened to the audiobook version, and would recommend doing the same if you’re considering picking it up. I don’t imagine it would be as enjoyable otherwise. It was entertaining enough, but honestly, it’s just a really good EH for me.
- Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout – (Sequel to Obsidian, see above) These books are like crack cocaine. MUST READ.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – So. Good. I enjoyed this so much more than I thought I would. MUST READ.
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins – Do not be fooled by the cover. This is not just a girl book. I can’t remember the last time a book made me laugh as much as this one did. MUST READ. MUST READ. MUST READ.
So those are the books I read in June. Let me know what books you read last month and if you’ve read any of these. And happy July reading! 🙂